Tuesday, August 18, 2009

New recording on Doug MacDonald's "Fourth Stream"

My incredibly talented friend, guitarist Doug MacDonald, gave me the honor of singing a track on his latest release, "Fourth Stream". This was recorded early this summer and I just got a copy of the CD. The CD is an incredible complilation of original material with jazz and blues standards. A jazz rhythm section (formed by Doug, Jack LeCompte, Harvey Neumark, and Jimmy Dykes) is surrounded by a horn section and a 15-member string section.

I was asked to sing on the jazz standard "Invitation" (one of my favorite tunes since I heard Rosemarie Clooney's version on a Nelson Riddle arrangement). Doug arranged the tune as a bossa, and he left out the strings for this cut. Enjoy...

Click here to listen to "Invitation"

No comments: